Thursday, April 1, 2010

11 years and 5 weeks

Today marks 11 years since the doctors told my parents and I that they suspected cancer. It has been an interesting thing for me to ponder. 11 years ago, I was 13, turning 14, and just an average teenager. In the matter of a few weeks my life changed with the cancer. I grew up quickly in many ways. Of course, I still ended up doing many of the typical teenage things later on, but I digress. There have been times that I worry about whether I can do things or not because of the cancer. I didn't know IF I would be able to have kids when I got married because of the treatments I'd had. Thankfully, Matthew and I have 3 beautiful children (also thanks to some medical technology). Many times I worry about what these wonderful kids would do if I die... especially while they are young. But, the Lord has blessed me so much that I have to keep relying on faith that things will work out for the best.
Today also marks 5 weeks of our sweet little Hope being born. She is growing so much. I think she is the size the boys were when they were 3 months, not 5 weeks...so in some ways I have to remember she isn't that old! She is really starting to check out her world and will respond to her name. She is still a little iffy about Courage being around (scary, energetic bro), but doesn't seem to mind Jarom. He LOVES her!
There is so much more to write about...like the move at the end of the month, but we don't have a place to move to yet...or life with 3 kids...or my somewhat new etsy site for selling some of my knitting and patterns (haven't finished writing them up yet though)...or the whole Infantino sling being recalled issue and how it has affected babywearers...and so on...but that is all for now since I have to finish folding laundry that is cluttering my bedroom

1 comment:

vfg said...

Hope photos, please!

I want something profound to say about your anniversary...but well know that that usually ends badly. Just a hoorah from us for making it through. This month is our one year anniversary...not quite the same survival tale, but a full heart nonetheless. Here's hoping we see 11 more of both of you. And again. And again...