Monday, August 3, 2009

What we've been up to...

In the last month we have been up to a few fun things and some not so fun things! Like house hunting...and we finally found something! We are moving to a predominantly Jewish neighborhood in NW Baltimore! I'm thrilled because I've already learned so much about the Jewish culture and the similarities between Judaism and Latter-Day Saints. Plus, I will have the yummy kosher markets and everything nearby! We are not moving as early as we had planned because the apartment we got won't be available until the end of the month. I'm still having mixed emotions about moving to Baltimore though. Sadly, though I didn't think it would happen, I'm sad to leave podunkville. I've grown to love the members of our church, the Mennonites (who are so simple and honest), and even watching the various crops grow. I will also miss the large backyard and being able to take the boys out front to ride bikes in the road.
Moving on...

We've been berry picking....





















To the Shippensburg Fair...










To a Carnival with Matt's parents (where I met his uncle and aunt for the first time!)...









To the ward (church) picnic...










Lauren and Noah are our friends in the pictures with the boys. Noah is the best of friends to Jarom and Courage and can't wait to see them. Because the three of them are such good friends, we get together often.

2 comments:

vfg said...

An apartment!
Thanks for your kind call the other day. I've been busy with houseguests and hospital visits, and am muddling along...thanks for your concern and just "seeing" us.

Anonymous said...

If you ever need a break from the big city we are only a couple of hours away!