Hopefully 2011 is a little less crazy for us than 2010. So as Matty and I were talking this week we discussed all the things that have happened. Here's a rundown:
*January - prelims, Matt started his 2nd semester of grad school, and we had to decide whether to renew the lease on our apartment...it was a no.
*February - cold snowy weather, me big and pregnant, Hope was born
*March - Mom (Grandma) came to visit and help with Hope, I overworked myself, got sick, and determined not to do that again. Passover? I honestly don't remember if it was March or April, but I DO remember my first and only attempt at making gefilte fish...and won't be making it again...my family didn't eat much of it, except Courage, who seemed to like it ok reheated.
*April - We needed a place to live by the end of the month...start the full process of house searching...looked at a few places...chose 2 we liked, prayed, put an offer in on one. Packed! Van broke down, replaced the part ourselves because of the cost. Managed to extend the lease on our apartment 2 weeks.
*May - Contract on the house was accepted, Loans, moving, lived with Matt's parents for 2 weeks, finally closed on the house after many delays and moved in. Oh, and prelims!
* June - Sherry's (my) family came to visit. Moving in. Fixing up the house. Enjoying summer.
*July - More working on the house and moving in.
*August - Beach! Courage's 3rd birthday. School started.
*September - School...I started homeschooling the boys, tried making a schedule, failed, started school myself ( 1 class), Matt resumed grad school.
*October- Halloween - I made Hope's costume in 1 week. Made a vest for Jarom's costume and took him to the store for a couple things. Didn't bother to make Courage's- too much detail- too little time.
*November - Midterms. Sick hubby. Thanksgiving- Just our small family this year, but I did most of the cooking. We were lucky to webcam with my family for much of the day. Black Friday! Hubby stashed a little for me to enjoy this tradition....and get a couple of Christmas items.
*December - Finals. Doctors. Appointments. Christmas. Anniversary. Crazy month anyway...but it went by in a blur.
There's a quick rundown...it doesn't seem like that much, but thinking back, the year has gone so fast and had so many ups and downs. Matt is looking for a job and I'm still having hopes of going to school next semester (haven't signed up for a class or 2 yet because of babysitting issues). We were just called as the Sign Language Coordinators for our ward and interpret much of the 3 hours of meetings (we split with other person). This has been a blessing as we've been able to serve the deaf members of our ward. At the same time, it can be tiring with the kids and just interpreting is tiring...not to mention when the Lord is sustaining you and then at the end of the meeting you can't even think of the right "words" to use to have a normal conversation, but just a few moments ago the "words" were flowing from you. Ah, the blessings of the Holy Ghost. Now that I've posted a little something, I can stop thinking about it and go to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment