Monday, September 16, 2013
Homeschooling!
Well we are getting into the groove of school this year. I'm very excited for it, but the beginning is a bit rough. We have to figure out how to do the online classes through the charter school we are working with. This is both fun and annoying for me. Jarom is taking Lego Robotics and Courage is taking Digital Photography. They both have Homeroom that includes submitting a weekly learning log and attendance record as well as playing computer games on Study Island, Timez Attack, and BrainPop Jr. This is probably a favorite class because they get to play games! I am teaching them English, Math, and Science and then they are playing soccer for P.E. In the off-season, they will take swimming lessons from a local rec center. I think the only downfall right now is getting on our schedule and convincing the oldest that it really doesn't take that long and isn't that difficult to write in his journal. For comparison, it took him less than 10 minutes to write a letter to the Tooth Fairy, but is taking more than 45 to get half a page in the journal. I do see his handwriting improving though. Courage is getting better at reading and reads all right when he wants. He is mastering the math skills. Hope is learning some sounds, shapes, and numbers. She is a great big sister for Felicity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment