Tuesday, November 11, 2008
New FamilySearch
I am going to rave about the new Familysearch. It is awesome! I have spent much of my time merging my families records because of the duplication that has been done. This is really helpful though. It updates contact information for those who are trying to work on their history. (Can I tell you how helpful that is?) It also compiles the 20 "Bobs" into 1...so I have a family member listed through 3 different programs...Ancestral File, PRF (Pedigree Resource File), and Church temple records that I can merge into one person. This makes research so much easier and rewarding in the long run. Oh, and I've seen so many different dates for one person, that you can now add a note and sources to the one person as well. I urge all of my family and everyone else to log on and start their family history. Here is the website so you can get started right away! new.familysearch.org
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment