Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Anniversary!

Today marks 10 years since I was first told the doctors suspected I had cancer. Time flies so fast! Since then I had 2 surgeries on my leg, chemotherapy, radiation, lung surgery, and numerous tests. Every 6 months or year I go in for scans to see how things are progressing, or lacking progression! Since the lung surgery in the summer of 2000 the tumors remaining in my lungs have been stable, growing and shrinking ever so slightly that it could just be attributed to the scanning machines. When we were first starting the treatment process my parents did not feel good about doing chemotherapy, but the docs persisted. After the cancer grew due to the treatments, the main tumor was removed from my leg. One of the docs gave me a 25% chance of surviving (I think this was past 5 years)! But, the Lord has blessed me greatly. There were many times during the treatments and surgeries that I know I was being strengthened by Him. I know that I would not have healed nearly as fast as I did after the lung surgery had it not been for a priesthood blessing. He has now blessed me with a wonderful husband and 2 beautiful boys who brighten my life everyday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You impress me! I didn't know the trials you have faced. You have such a bright and positive attitude ... good for you! May you blessed with many long years of health and strength and joy!

TopHat said...

I'm glad things sound like they're getting better. I think you're an awesome person. I'm sad that you guys aren't nearer.

Anonymous said...

I remeber that day well It was snowing and when we left the orthapedic surgeon with them telling us that Primary Childrens was waiting for our call. What a day today is here with snow and cold just like 10 years ago. A life changing event not only for you but the entire family. I am so glad that the Lord has blest us with the knowledge to listen to what was needed for you. Love Mom

Auntie Lolo said...

Wow. Sherry I am so proud of you. I remember the youth having group fasts for you and my mom crying for you alot. We were so worried about you and I am so happy to see how far you have come!!