Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Resigned



I've become resigned to the fact that Hope has her mind set on when she is coming. We made a visit to the hospital on Saturday with contractions 3 minutes apart, but the conclusion was they were being triggered by a possible infection/ false labor, so I was sent home. Oh, and the doctor and nurses told me to wait to come in until I couldn't breathe between contractions...ummm...if I wait that long, the baby will be there too quickly if I make it in time. Plus there are the boys being watched to take into consideration. Anyway, I digress... So Monday I was determined that we were going to work on being up and active to induce labor. The house got cleaned. Things got organized. Tuesday, the boys went sledding (I could only manage to trudge up the hill 2 or 3 times) and I sat and watched, then we went grocery shopping and I didn't take it easy. Well, though I did have contractions, they weren't enough to do much and so we wait until March now. The date that has always come to mind has been March 3rd, but I had hopes that maybe she would come on her Great Grandma's birthday (who might I add was due the same day). I'm grateful that I've made it further along this time than previously, but am feeling HUGE and tired and achy. For anyone who wants a glimpse I'm adding a picture (I'm also wearing my kool-aid dyed sweater that I still need to sew the zipper in...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your belly is beautiful! The last couple of weeks are always the hardest ... especially when you are used to delivering early. I bet you feel overdue!