Thursday, February 12, 2009

Wind!


I finally got up at 4 am after tossing and turning for 2 hours. The wind is blowing so fiercely here that it is rippling the siding (which actually isn't uncommon) and making the house quiver. Since our bedrooms are on the corners of the house that the wind has the most impact with, it wakes us all! Jarom is currently asleep on my bed because he also woke up to the wind and jumped in bed with us. When I looked out the window to see if there was anything to really worry about, I saw the slide blown over as well as the swingset! Normally, the slide will blow over in higher winds...it's not something that hasn't happened yet, but the swingset is toppled down the hill! It has been a good sturdy set for the last almost year. Hopefully it is still useable. I will post a picture of the disarray of the yard when I venture out of the house in the daylight to get it. Enjoy your day!

Apparently, the wind picked up the swingset and rotated it around as it flipped it over! Also, I have no idea where the play kitchen is. It was under the little tikes slide, but is nowhere to be seen. I'm guessing that somehow it got picked up and blown over the fence somewhere!

No comments: