Monday, June 22, 2009

Robins!



We have a robin nest out above the door on our patio that now has 3 eggs in it. I watched as the daddy built the nest and checked last week to see if there were any eggs yet, but there weren't any then. Saturday I saw the mommy bird sitting in the nest and when she flew away for a while I took a peek to see if there were eggs. Sure enough there were 3 and it looks like that is all there are going to be. Robins only lay 1 egg a day and most will lay either 3 or 4. They take 12 - 14 days to hatch. I'm thrilled and have been peeking out my kitchen window at them whenever I get a chance. Earlier today I saw a rare gesture of male kindness in the daddy bringing food to the mommy sitting in the nest. I can't wait until the eggs hatch and we have little robins!

No comments: