Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Weed free...
Is my garden...after spending 8 plus hours pulling every last weed from that jungle. I found that we also have more than 3 dozen "volunteer" tomato plants that I did NOT plant! They are mostly from last year's crop. I plan on pulling most of them on Saturday if I don't find homes for them soon. Other than that our garden is a sad little plot that has little else thriving. The whole row of peas and another of spinach did not sprout more than 4 plants for the peas and maybe 1 of the spinach (It may be another "volunteer"). We also have a volunteer Romaine, if it survived the stupid chickens pecking away at it the other day.....grrrr... Oh, and we have 3 volunteer bean plants (I don't know whether they are green or black yet). I have high hopes that I will be able to plant and get something out of this garden, but we shall see since we only have 2 months left here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment