Sunday, December 27, 2009
Jarom's prayer
Jarom has been learning to pray since he could talk, but has really said prayers since he was about 2. At first, we would help him, but for the last several months he has insisted that we not help him at all. It is sometimes frustrating and sometimes amusing to listen to his prayers. Other times, the depth of what he says reminds me that Jesus said to "Become as a little child." He is usually very insistant on blessing the day. The past couple of weeks, he has become aware that we should bless more than the day (10 times in a prayer) and be thankful for things. He is still working on the thankful part, but has the blessings down. Today he asked to bless the fire extinguisher. He also asked to bless my sewing machine today and a few other times, so I have hopes that it will have a long fruitful life. Gotta love the faith of a child.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think it is beautiful, in this world of cursing and angry words, to see a young child fold their arms, bow their heads, and squeeze their eyes shut so that they can pray - as their parents have taught them - to a loving Father in Heaven. Just as Jarom has learned to communicate with you, he is learning to communicate with Heavenly Father ... he is building a relationship. I love it!
I love that he has the faith and is doing the prayers What a thing to bless your Fire Extinguisher I hope that doesn't mean that you are to have a fire I pray not and maybe with the prayer you will avoid one.
Love Mom
Post a Comment