Friday, March 13, 2009
Last night...
Was very interesting. We had nothing planned for the first time all week and right after dinner our neighbors stopped by. He has church from his home every Sunday and preaches Baptist style. Matthew was interested and so we went Sunday evening and enjoyed his sermon. They stopped by to thank us for coming over. That initiated a discussion. Matthew said we wouldn't be coming very often due to our own 3 hour meetings. Add that to the extra 1 1/2 hour PEC and it equates to a long day! He said we are LDS and the preacher said he didn't know much about them, so Matthew talked. We discussed our beliefs and helped him understand who we are. It was also interesting to listen to what he believes just from reading the Bible. All in all, I am very grateful for my knowledge that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the Lord's restored gospel on this earth today. I know that we have a living prophet who leads and guides us and I know that we can be led by His Spirit and receive revelation. This experience just makes me more grateful for the knowledge that I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment