Sunday, May 31, 2009

Great Grandma's visit



Great Grandma came to visit last week and the boys and I absolutely loved it! We traveled to quite a few different locations, but not nearly as many as we could have if the boys weren't so young. The first day we took a shorter trip up to Hershey and toured Chocolate World. We also stopped by Wal-mart on the way up and saw the "buggy parking"! Only in PA can you find something like that! The second day we went down to the new Smithsonian Museum out by Dullas International Airport. It is so AWESOME! You can spend days there! It is also really cool to watch the planes coming in so close to you.











The 3rd day we drove an hour to Gettysburg and spent the day seeing all the sights. This was the nicest day of Gram's trip with the rain holding off until around 4 pm! We packed a picnic lunch and had yummy sandwiches out in the middle of the National Park. The boys also loved running around when we got out at a couple of stops before it started sprinkling on us at Devil's Den. Thankfully, we made it back to the car before the utter downpour started!




On Gram's last full day here we went to Harper's Ferry, West Virginia. It is historically significant because of the gun industry that was there during the Civil War. It is NOT a good place to go shopping! I say this because the first time I went there I was expecting to be able to shop more...needless to say I was disappointed then. This time was better because I knew what I was in for. The boys also enjoyed getting out and running. Courage loved chasing the geese and I was afraid they were going to start chasing HIM! Thankfully, they didn't and I was nearby and would have grabbed him quickly if they had. After we toured the area, like true tourists, we went out of town and got a late lunch, then headed to Frederick, Maryland to have dinner with Matt's parents. While we were in Frederick we also saw the Community Bridge that is painted to look like it has stones and carvings in it.
The next morning was a sad one for the boys (and me) to see their great-grandma go. We thoroughly enjoyed the time we were able to spend with her.

1 comment:

KFinley said...

Chocolate World...I feel cravings coming on! You're boys are so cute!

My blog is private so if you want to see it shoot me your email address to: c-k-guest@live.com
and I'll send you an invite!