Friday, May 1, 2009

Family

Today my thoughts are with my family as they attend the funeral of my 1st cousin once removed. Jasmine was only 16 years old when she passed away last week. Unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to get to know that side of the family very well due to a family feud that occurred when I was younger. I wish I had known them better, but have been able to keep in touch with many of my great aunts and uncles and cousins.
I grieve with the rest of the family today and feel bad for my aunt. I could not imagine losing one of my boys now or even when they are a little older. Death is hard, but worse when it claims the life of one so young who holds so much promise for the future. Thankfully, we can have the assurance that life does go on and we can be together with our family forever. This truth has strengthened me before and surely will be a comfort in many years to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting how deeply affected we are by the loss of even those family members we do not know very well ... we are generally not so touched by the loss of others in such a manner. To me this demonstrates the eternal nature of the family and how, no matter what, family is the greatest blessing we have in this life. I am sorry for the loss your family is suffering.