Sunday, May 3, 2009
Stitches...
Not too long after our Regional Conference for our church ended Courage took a trip into the corner of the gym door. Matthew was with him at the time and I had Jarom while I talked to a friend who's son-in-law is having heart problems. So, when our Bishop came over and said one of my sons was bleeding on the face I didn't know quite what to think. Was it just a little cut? Did something serious happen? With that touch of fear I hurried to find out what had happened and help out however I could. Matthew, as always, was panicking more than needed, so I had to remain calm and keep my head about me. The first glimpse was of a wad of paper towel on Courage's forehead, with some blood on it (I won't describe that anymore...) and Matt saying we were going to the hospital. With wonderful support from some ward members we made it out of the building with almost everything and to the car in record time. Through the wonderful power of the priesthood Courage was given a blessing and then we put him in to take him to the hospital. At the last moment it was decided that Jarom would go with the Duffields (our wonderful friends) to their home while we were taking care of Courage. Courage screamed and cried almost the whole way to the hospital and then started falling asleep, but we wanted him to stay awake. We did our best to keep him distracted during the wait to get the stitches and he did remain calm for a large part of the time. He has about a 1 1/2 inch long gash from just above the middle of his forehead to the bottom of his eyebrow. It cut all the way through the skin to the skull (I asked the doc since it really looked deep) and made me somewhat sick (which I didn't think would happen so much because of my medical experiences). He got 1 stitch inside the cut and then 8 stitches on top to hold it all together. Poor little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad he is okay. It was good seeing you the other night. Take care.
Glad you got through it!
Sweet Courage.
Just like his mommy needing some stitiches only your first were over your eyebrow. You should post a picture of the little Frankenstein.
Love Mom
Post a Comment