Thursday, May 14, 2009
Trivial
I know this seems so trivial in many ways compared to the other things I know people are going through now, but here I go anyway. We are moving to Baltimore in August for Grad School at Johns Hopkins and have just begun the housing search. Ideally we would like to buy a house rather than throw money away on rent (about the same price), but I am not really excited about our prospects so far. This week we have been meeting with mortgage brokers to get a letter of approval and find out how much we actually qualify for. On Saturday we are going to Baltimore for our first search. Now, I am not a native of the East Coast and really don't like big inner cities anyway. I know this is a shock since I lived in DC, but that was in a nice quiet neighborhood with white collar parents, not in the bad areas and I was careful when I was out. Now, I have my 2 boys to worry about and myself and I know there are areas of Baltimore that just are plain NOT good! Please pray that we will find something decent for our family. I for one am still rejecting living in Baltimore, but we will see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just a thought ... buying a house is really just renting from the mortgage company - except it is a lot harder to get out of a mortgage agreement than a rental. What will happen when you have finished up grad school, have accepted a position in Utah (or wherever), and can not sell your house? Renting is a good short term option, especially when you are unfamiliar with a location and cannot live there for at least five years (and, unless you have a post-grad job offer, you are not likely to be staying). Be careful!
I will be thinking about you and pray that you find a good place. The Lord will guide you to the right area he has in my life when I was growing up and my mom bought her first home I feel we were guided to where she bought and then when we bought our home I know I was guided to the home we have. Love you sweetheart Mom
Post a Comment