Monday, January 4, 2010

Knitting

Knitting keeps me sane...well, actually having a knowledge of the Restored Gospel does, but that is another post for another day. Knitting is what relaxes me after a long day of wrestling kids, cleaning house, doing laundry, running errands, etc. It is so nice to just sit down and feel the yarn in my hands and know that in the end I will have something that will be loved by someone (usually within the family, but there are exceptions ; ) I've gotten to the point that I take something in my purse with me to work on when I'm just waiting...for traffic (yes, I have pulled it out when I was stopped in traffic for 20 minutes), in offices...mainly doctors, in lines, or when I'm trying to focus on listening to something and can't keep my hands still. When I was in labor (earlier stages) with Courage I even worked on something (I bet it was a dishcloth!). Now, knitting is not for everyone. Besides, if everyone learned, I wouldn't be getting ready to open an Etsy shop! But, I do encourage everyone to find something to relax them like knitting does for me.

No comments: